Saturday, August 6, 2011

Weekdays

It is indicative of the current state of engineering design, that when I stopped by the supply room last week to ask for some mechanical pencils, I discovered that they were out of them, and did not even know when they would have them back in stock. And, I've been able to make do without. Thankfully they did have plenty of highlighters.

Later I was comparing two floorplans on my computer, and noticed that one line changed color, representing a change in properties. And as I flipped back and forth I noticed that it changed location as well. But that was wrong - it should not have moved. Then, when I checked the coordinates of the two lines, I found that they were identical! it was driving me crazy until I realized that the colors were on opposite sides of the spectrum, and that the line was shifting half a pixel width! Honestly people, when are computer monitors going to come in decent resolutions? I mean, anti-aliasing is a necessary travesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment