Sunday, August 18, 2013

John 15

What's the point? Glorify the Father.
How do I glorify the Father? Prove to be his disciple.
How do I prove to be his disciple? Bear much fruit.
How do I bear much fruit? Abide in Jesus Christ.
How do I abide in Jesus Christ? Keep his commandment.
What is his commandment? Love one another.
How do I love another? Lay down your life for them.
How do I lay down my life for them?

That is the question.

By living my life for them?
By taking up their lives for them?
By teaching them lay down their lives?

1 comment:

  1. I've always been impressed with Philippians 2, in which Jesus laying down his life is the ultimate expression of God's love, and then our charge to follow that example.
    It's not how we gain salvation, but it's how we live it - as your sequence nicely illustrates.

    So now, the question. How then shall we live?
    Try some self-sacrifice. Give without getting in return.

    Keep asking, and keep giving.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete